Environment and Climate Change
Environmentally, Bangladesh is considered extremely fragile and one of the world’s most vulnerable countries to the negative effects of climate change and natural disasters. The southwest coastal region is one of the most climate hotspots of the world and highly vulnerable to cyclone, sea depression, tidal surge, storms, high tide, water-logging, land subsidence, salinity intrusion, river erosion, increased duration of hot summer and reduce winter and rainy season resulting degraded environment, endanger biodiversity, scarcity of safe water, reduced agro production thus livelihoods have become vulnerable. AOSED consider that vulnerable situation and context to develop participatory planning and implementation of projects and program to reduce risk and improvement the standard of livelihoods.
- Awareness and educational materials develop, and campaign for safe endanger species flora and fauna
- Skill and capacity development of communities and Students and initiate to green city
- Social action research and conservation mangrove ecosystem and biodiversity
- Community based mangrove restoration and develop participatory management system
- Mitigation and Adaptation strategy
- Policy advocacy