Safe water scarcity is one of the most challenging issue in this climate vulnerable southwest coastal region of Bangladesh, AOSED implementing multiple approaches and initiatives to ‘ensure equitable access to safe and affordable water’ for drinking as well as domestic, livestock and agricultural purpose with considering principles of the Integrated Water Resources Management(IWRM) to Human Development
- Social mobilization and skill and capacity development
- Participatory action research and technology transfer
- Local resource mobilization, reuse of abandoned water points and improve water supply system
- Reduce ground water extraction, rain water management and wetlands conservation
- Develop community and rural School based water point management and maintenance system.
- Improve ‘water governance’ protocol and policy advocacy
- Emergency response to safe drinking water supply